The Itinera Institute is a non-partisan think-tank that identifies and promotes roads for policy reform towards sustained economic growth and social protection, for Belgium and its regions. The institute seeks to strengthen its team with an:
Education Policy Fellow (m/f)
- Conducting policy oriented research on education reform, with a particular interest for education in the French-speaking Community in Belgium.
- Writing policy papers, short policy pieces, and opinion articles, and making various media contributions on education reform, as well as in other areas of personal expertise related to the institute’s mission.
- Coordinate projects and scholars on education policy at the institute.
- Giving presentations to professionals, opinion makers, policy makers, and the general public.
- Collaborating with other senior fellows of the institute on policy research projects.
- Establish and nurture networks with stakeholders and decision makers in the field of education.
- Contribute to the general activities and development of the institute.
- University education and research experience.
- Academic credentials are an asset but are not necessary.
- A background in economics is useful but not a formal requirement.
- General interest in societal and economic issues.
- Interest in comparative international research.
- Excellent proficiency in French, and very good working knowledge of Dutch and English.
- Fluent writing skills.
- Available full time or on a 4/5 basis. Alternatively, a part-time formula can be acceptable, dependent on the candidate: to be discussed. Flexibility is possible.
Good working conditions and income, a dynamic, flexible and motivating working environment, and the possibility of independent research and opinion making.